Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rudy, Rudy

I had mentioned that for Kyle's birthday I got us tickets to a Notre Dame football game. Saturday Kyle and I ventured to South Bend, IN to to see Notre Dame vs. Navy. Notre Dame is a really cool place and we loved walking around the campus before the game.

Here are some of the highlights/things I want to remember:

The 10% chance of rain that day turned into rain and hail the first half hour we were there. But after the rain the sun came out and it was a nice, chilly fall day :)

Kyle getting mad at a college kids smart comment when he asked a simple question.

Walking around campus, the fall trees were gorgeous! I felt for the first time I was at a legit college football game. The band was all around campus and everyone was excited for the game.

Kyle quoting the movie Rudy.

Having great seats at the game {we were not too close but also not too far away}.

Kyle saying as the Navy came out of the tunnel "how can you boo a team that runs out with the American flag". No one booed but the whole time I kept thinking this is really weird to hope that the Navy {who is in any other circumstance I would be cheering on} would lose.

Enjoy some pics from our trip


 The campus was beautiful




 Basilica of Sacred Heart on Notre Dame's Campus


 Our camera could not do justice to how pretty it was inside.







 Am I the only one that thinks a big screen tv seems out of place here?






 Loved how the band walked around campus and played.


 Touchdown Jesus



 Let the game begin!






 I had to take a picture of the cheerleaders :)

 Goooooo Irish!

 The Navy



We had a great time at Notre Dame. Thanks for letting me help you mark another thing off your bucket list husband!

No comments: