You were not really liking your two month photo shoot :)
Weight: 11 lbs 14 oz
Length: 23 1/2 inches
Things that have been happening during your second month of life:
Working Momma: After taking seven weeks off I am officially back to work. It would have been nice to take the full twelve weeks off but only living on one income was not feasible for us. My transition to work was not as hard as it could have been since Grandma Jackson and Aunt Carrie watch you when mommy and daddy are at work. You have such a great time with them and are always on your best behavior when you are with them :) You will have so much fun playing with your cousins once you get older and I know Grandma Jackson really enjoys spending time with you. I am so thankful for the job I have and the hours I work. I am home by 4 each day so I get to spend time with you before I have to clean the house or make dinner. Being at work and seeing the kids does make me miss you. When I am in the OR and I see the kids getting ready to have surgery I am so thankful that you are healthy! I do not want to take forgranted what a blessing it is that you are healthy and that some parents do not have healthy kids.
Sleep: You have your days and nights back on track now. During your first month of life you would cry in between feedings and did not sleep that much during the night. Now you are not crying or fussy when we feed you at night. Sometimes you do not go to sleep right away but you do not cry like you used to :) You usually sleep four hours, then three, and then two at night. You had one night where you slept 5-1/2 hours, that was a good night for mommy and daddy :)
Feeding: You are eating so good and starting to fill out. You started off the month doing 4 ounces but now you usually eat 5 ounces every two-three hours during the day. You are starting to want more so I'm sure 6 ounces will be your new level soon. Also, the milk factory officially closed. After I got the infection my milk really depleted but I never really had that much to begin with. Since you are eating so much more it became more of a hassle than benefit for me to keep pumping. It took awhile for the little bit of milk that I had to dry up and I was uncomfortable for the majority of the time this transition took place. Everything is good now and I am beyond thankful that you like your formula.
Boppy: One of the best gifts we got (besides the video monitor). You love your boppy and actually fall asleep in it when we visit people. I use it to help prop you up when your feeding and also use it to cuddle with you. I'll be so sad when you get too big and don't fit in it anymore.
Thrush: After your one month appointment you had thrush in your mouth. It is white dots on the sides of your mouth that babies get sometimes. They gave us medicine to help get rid of it and it has cleared up.
Initiated into Parenthood: One day when mommy was feeding you your little body did one of the biggest poops I had ever heard. Mommy went to burp you and all the sudden I realized there was poop all over me and all over your back. I'm sure this won't be the last time something like this happens. Daddy has not been pooped on yet but he has experienced you spitting up all over him and the couch :) You are slowly but surely helping us get the full parent experience :)
Stars and Stripes: You experienced your first 4th of July. It has become a tradition since we moved into our house to have a party and invite our families over. You slept most of the time in your swing but I think you had a good time :)
All smiles :)
Baby girl is all arms and legs :)
This is what happens when your daddy has the camera, he makes you look like a giant
Crying/Fussy: You are really very content and happy most of the time. You only really fuss when you are hungry or your trying to poop. You crack us up when you cry because you curl your lower lip when you are upset and give a really pathetic cry. You also have tears now and it is so sad to see you get upset, but a bottle makes it all better :)
Visitors from the South: Two of mommy's besties from Lexington came in to visit and to see you :) Your two honorary aunts loved meeting you and cannot wait to spend more time with you when they come to visit.
Shop til you drop: You went to Mommy and Daddy's favorite stores this month. Mommy took you to Target for the first time but I'm sure it will not be the last time :) Daddy took you to Gabriel Brothers (he is obsessed with that store) and bought some clothes for him but did not even buy you anything :)
A night out: Mommy and Daddy went out for the first time without you to see our friends Rob and Heather get married. It was fun to get dressed up, eat great food, and catch up with friends. You stayed with Mamaw and Papaw Crofford for the few hours we were gone and were so great with them. You slept most of the time and were never fussy for them at all!
Little Mover: You are always moving your arms and legs. We have to be extra careful holding you since you like to squirm and move. One night you pushed yourself all the way to the top your crib. You have some powerful legs little one.
Who do you look like?: Baby girl there is no denying you are your Fathers child. You look just like his baby pictures :) You have mommy's ears but other than that right now you look just like your Daddy when he was your age.
Young Life: Mommy took you along as she hung out with Young Life girls. You are always so content and never fussy which is great. We also have been to Young Life hang outs and everyone loves seeing you.
The little things: You still love to stretch and always have your arms above your head. You went to church for the first time this month and were great during the services, you make little grunting noises but never cry :) One day when you were fussy in the car Daddy played the Bruno Mars song "Treasurer" and sang to you and it made you calm down. It may have been a fluke but it was really funny that you calmed down so quick.


No comments:
Post a Comment