Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"We need to get the expensive one"

This post was written on September 24th, my birthday and the day after we found out we were going to have an itty bitty Crofford.


O do I have some exciting news to share, Kyle and I are going to have another member of the family this coming June. The initial shock is over and we are excited that our little family is growing.

Finding Out

I had mentioned that my birthday was a memorable one but this was really why. We were celebrating my birthday and I had mentioned to Kyle that I was a day late on my period. I had been off the pill for two months and I did not really think anything of it. I had heard from many people that it takes a long time to get pregnant and I thought it would probably not be until next year that we would be finding out this kind of news. Kyle joked that we should get a pregnancy test and I reluctantly said yes. I thought my body would be telling me something was different and I felt like I was going to start my period, nothing felt different. We decided to get the cheap test since neither one of us thought I was pregnant. Since I am rocking braces right now Kyle thought it would be funny to act like we were 16 and buying a pregnancy test. I was so embarrassed as we checked out while Kyle kept saying things like "what is your mom going to say?" We got home and I took the test. I  laid the test flat and had accidentally put it upside down so I did not know what it said. We both were in the bathroom and I turned it around to see a positive sign and I looked at Kyle in disbelief. Our faces were probably priceless, I started crying (happy tears) because of the shock of it being a plus sign and reading the box thinking "O my gosh I'm pregnant". I was so sure that it was going to say it was negative. We both decided to take the other cheap test that was in the box but I did not pee long enough on that stick so the positive was light, dang those cheap test :). So I told Kyle I think it is time to get an expensive one to see if it is really right. Kyle set off to the drug store and I started chugging water so I could pee on another sick to see what it said. This time Kyle got a digital one and it said pregnant when the results came back. Kyle and I were still in shock about it being positive. We had been praying about starting a family and the Lord had answered our prayer. I know I have also been praying that the Lord will help me to not be nervous and that I will feel "prepared". We took this picture right after we found out.

.

No comments: