One of the things I really wanted to do was to see the Today Show. We got there a little late and could not stay that long since we were going to the Anderson Cooper show but we were there long enough to get on tv for half a second :) and I got to shake Al Roker's hand.
We headed from the Today Show to Anderson Cooper. I had never been to a tv show recording so this was also another first for the trip. We were at the show for a loooog time, we were actually part of three different shows they were taping. We saw Julianne Moore, Kristin Davis , and also people who have weird obsessions. After being at the show for four hours we were ready to explore the rest of the city. I had read on this fun blog about a restaurant called Jack Demsey's that would be covered in a sea of blue and since Kyle bleeds blue I knew he would love a restaurant dedicated to UK. Instead of blue we were greeted with a sea of green, the restaurant was covered in St. Patrick Day stuff and only a few UK items were on the wall. From our not so helpful waitress to the little UK stuff, we were not impressed with the restaurant. From the restaurant the boys headed to Madison Square Garden to see some of the Big East Basketball games while the girls explored the city.
We went to FIT and explored there Museum of Fashion and then we headed back to Central Park area to see a Civil War exhibit they had going on. To be honest after we got to the exhibit we were not really sure why we had traveled so far to see it. None of us like Civil War stuff and Kyle's dad LOVES it so I guess we thought we would be able to tell him all the cool stuff they had but once we got there we were so tired we barely looked at any of the stuff :)
That's our trip to NYC! It was a great break from work that Kyle and I both desperately needed! Kyle's parents did a great job planning the trip and it was fun hang out with Timmy and Sarah!
No comments:
Post a Comment