Monday, October 25, 2010
Jumpin Fences
My dear husband played an awful joke on me this weekend.
Here is the scene...I came home Friday night from an Oak Hills Football game. Last time I went to a football game by myself I had to park really far away so I told Kyle I was going to text him while walking to my car to make sure I got their okay. So I thought Kyle was being thoughtful by asking me where I was and if I made it home okay {he had alterior motives people}. I explained that I was painting my window {my first home DIY that I will share soon}. Kyle told me he was still working at Skyline and would not be home until 11:30 {I thought I had two hours before he would be home}. Kyle was actually on his way home...he came into the house did not say a word {he even changed and Bentley went up stairs with him, I did not hear him come in at all}.
Here comes his dirty trick he pulled on me, he turned off the lights in the basement. I was in the laundry room and did not notice the light was turned off until Bentley walks in and I turn around to see what he is doing. At first I thought this is weird why is the light out.....so I'm standing in the basement honestly thinking someone is in our house {kyle accidentally left the garage door open when he left for work about a month ago and I came home from school and thought someone was in the house. So I have been a little leery ever since} As I'm standing their I hear the laundry shoot start squeaking {yes, it's really cool we have a laundry shoot. Kyle had put his clothes in their so that is why it was squeaking}. I instantly turn around, grab my cell phone and run out the basement door. I look at the front of the house and see that the living room light is off {I knew I turned that on so I jump over the fence in sheer terror that someone is coming after me! {Yes, I jumped over our fence} I run to the front of the house only to see my dear husbands black truck in our driveway! I was literally shaking and getting ready to cry because I really thought someone was in our house. I texted Kyle and told him I hated him. He finally picked up his phone and I told him I was in front of the house and he started laughing so hard! Bentley is sitting by the fence wondering why I jumped over the fence and was running like a crazy person. Kyle asks me " Why didn't you take Bentley" My response "Are you kidding me?! I thought someone was coming after me! Bentley can fend for himself" Kyle said he won't do it again...because I really was terrified.
Of course the next day, Kyle was working all day and a sales person knocks on our door at 7 o' clock on a Saturday night selling cleaning supplies {really? who goes door to door on a Saturday night}. I did not hear him knock and I'm walking up the stairs from the basement and hear the screen door shut {I instantly thought someone was in our house again} I opened the door only to find a man who the first thing he said to me was "Are your parents home?" I told him this was my house and I think he was a little embarrassed. Next time I will tell a sales person my parents are not home so I won't have to hear their sales pitch.
Sunday night I come home to find our basement door open and Kyle over and Petey's house {Bentley does not like to come in sometimes so Kyle left it open for him to come in while he went over to Petey's} I told one of my friends that I think Kyle is trying to kill me {not literally of course} But he sure is making me freak out that someone is in our house.
So my weekend was filled with me being scared a lot {looking back I can laugh at me jumping the fence, I'm really glad none of our neighbors saw me do that!}
Labels:
My hubby Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment