Friday after work I picked up
The Help at the library and have been sucked in ever since. I got the book on CD which helps make my drive go by faster since the radio can get old after awhile. I have been listening to the book non-stop since I got it. I was intrigued since I heard the movie was great and wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. I loved the book so much that any spare moment I had I was listening to it. I listened to it while I cleaned the house, on the computer waiting for Kyle's parents to get home, made
unnecessary trips so I could listen to it in the car. Kyle came home and I was staring at the blank TV listening to the book. He gave me strange look and just shook his head. He does not understand how a book can be "that good" that I would want to listen to it all the time. I am excited to see the movie and see how they compare. Besides The Bible or a Beth Moore book, this has been a really great read for me lately :)
Here are some funny quotes from the book {really the whole book is filled with great stuff}. The characters all have a unique personality and without seeing the movie I can picture how they are going to be.
"Prayer is like electricity, it just keeps on going" Aibileen
"I waited on white ladies who walk out the bedroom with nothing on but their personality" Aibileen
"That old dusty Bible she keep out for show" Aibileen
"Benny, go tell daddy he better get his fool self out of that bed" Minny
"I can see Mrs. Celia in the backyard in a pair of hoochie pink satin pants and black plastic gloves. She's got dirt all over her knees. I have asked her a hundred times to quit digging dirt in her dress up clothes. But that crazy lady never listen" Minny
No comments:
Post a Comment