Lesson learned: if it is too good to be true it usually is :) Kyle lovingly said "I told you so". Maybe one day we will make it to the Bahamas :)
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Too good to be true?
Back in July I went to Bridal Rama with my friend Brittany to help her get ideas for her wedding {which is one month away!}. While I was there I registered for a free trip. Out of the blue, I received a phone call for Smart Travel telling me they were doing a promotion and that I was picked to go on a three day Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas with a guest with air fare included. The only thing we would have to pay was port fees and taxes {which was about $200 usually}. I was skeptical at first since I did not really believe this could be free and the only catch was that we would have to go for a one hour meeting to hear about there company. I had saw a special on 20/20 where these people would register for all types of sweepstakes {like this was all they did in there spare time} and get all kinds of great gifts/trips. So in my mind I thought I was about to get this great trip to the Bahamas that we could use for our anniversary next year {to quote Kyle "so young, so naive"}. When Kyle got home he was completely skeptical and I convinced him to call to see if he believed it. After talking to the sales people he was still not sure but agreed to go to the meeting {which was suppose to be tonight} because I really wanted to go. He also called his mom to find out her opinion on the whole thing and she gave us some great tips about how we should know if it is a scam. When I got to work today I wanted to find out more about the company but all I found was bad info like this and this. So I decided that this really was a scam and I did not want to waste our night being lured into buying trips that we don't want.
Lesson learned: if it is too good to be true it usually is :) Kyle lovingly said "I told you so". Maybe one day we will make it to the Bahamas :)
Lesson learned: if it is too good to be true it usually is :) Kyle lovingly said "I told you so". Maybe one day we will make it to the Bahamas :)
Labels:
Being a Grown-Up,
Life,
My hubby Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment