This clip from Finding Nemo would describe how Kyle and I feel right now...we just have to keep swimming when life gets us down. After numerous phone and in-person interviews, I still have no new job and Kyle has taken the written part of his paramedic test three times now without passing. It seems to be a frustrating/hard time with our careers right now. I feel like a broken record now when I text my friends and family about praying for a interview and then having to tell them that I did not get the job.
I just finished my Beth Moore devotional Breaking Free and it has given me lots of encouragement of how not to let Satan make me feel like I'm not good enough or that I will never get a new job {I know it may sound dramatic but most of the time my work is not the most encouraging or most professional environment so sometimes I feel like I will never be able to get out of here}.
Kyle has always had a hard time passing big tests in his life and he knows the material so well from class and is studying all the time at work, but it is hard to pass a test that is designed to make you fail and there are thousands of questions from the test bank so he has never seen two questions the same on the multiple attempts he has taken.
We have been continuing to pray and are holding on to God's word to help us make it through this rough time. We have a great family and friends that are continuing to encourage us and we could not be more thankful for them! One of the things I learned from my Beth Moore devotional is that I need to be wallpapering my mind with scripture so that I can defeat the enemies lies when the come {and they always come lol}. For now we are clinging to the only one who can comfort, encourage, and give us peace about our current career situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment