Tuesday, January 3, 2012

They can't all be winners

Pinterest has inspired me to cook {well really bake}more. An endless amount of recipes are at my fingertips and I have made it a goal to start trying these recipes instead of carrying them around in a folder.

I made Pink Lemonade Pound Cake. This was a miss, it was really lemony and too sweet for my taste. Some of the problems I ran into were user error, my pan was not the size they recommend using so it spilled over in the oven {good thing I had a tray under the pan just in case :)} and one side was more done then the other....so with a combination of those things, the cake was just not as good as I thought it would be.

Since I knew the Pink Lemonade Cake was not going to work, I needed a back-up plan to take to Kyle's parents house. We had an awesome meal on New Year's Eve and I wanted to take something that looked somewhat presentable :) I made these Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants. They are good and easy but not my favorite fruity dessert I have made. I will probably not make them again but I'm glad I had an excuse to try them.

It is known around our house that Kyle is the better cook. He can add spices to any dish and make it delicious. I get overwhelmed by all the spices when I see a recipe that I usually stay away and the dishes I make are usually plain. Kyle likes to experiment with cooking and I am a stick-to-the-recipe type of girl. That being said I made Baked Ziti and LOVED it. One of the best things I have made in a long time :) The recipe was simple with not too many ingredients. Whenever I make dinner Kyle will humor me by trying it but this time I knew he liked it because he had leftover {he rarely eats leftovers where I could eat them all the time}.

I can't always make desserts or dinners that will turn out great but that won't stop me from trying new recipes {sorry Kyle} :)

No comments: