Tuesday, December 7, 2010

From Goodbye to Hello

A couple of weeks ago I said goodbye to my 1999 Saturn. We had lots of trips {190,000 miles of going here and there}, a few dings{but none were noticeable due to your plastic exterior}, some replaced parts {a new door when I accidentally ran over something and the bottom ripped off :)}, and lots of memories. But all good things must come to an end and when you wouldn't start anymore I knew our time had come to say goodbye.



But don't worry, someone else is now enjoying you and I'm doing just fine in my new ride!!

Here are the facts:

2009 Ford Focus
13,700 miles {more now since I have been driving it :)}
What I love: Cruise Control, heats up and defrosts SUPER quickly, power windows

I had mentioned never to shop at Carmax and I still stand firm to that decision. Here is what happened, we saw a car on their website that looked like a winner: great price, low miles, and the features we wanted. Kyle and his dad looked at the car and talked to a sales lady who said they could hold the car for 72 hours for us and later that night Kyle and I went to test drive it with the intention of buying it and had a different sales lady help us. They ran our financing and were going to offer us 11% {the sales lady said this is normal, is she on drugs?}! The lady helping us told us we could get financing through a bank and bring a paper back and they would honor the banks loan. We also had her transfer a car to their lot for no charge so we could compare the two cars. So we left with a letter basically saying that was our car and that we were getting financing through someone else. So we got financing thorough US Bank for 4.5% {now that's was more reasonable} and Kyle called on Wednesday night to make sure we could come and get the car because US Bank was sending a check for the car amount. He was informed that they were selling our car and there was nothing we could do. So the people are Carmax lied/had no idea what they were talking about when they sold us the car. 1. They can not hold a car for 72 hours 2. When you have another car sent from another location it voids any other car you were working on. So needless to say we were really mad at how they handled the situation and how two different employees gave us wrong information.

But it all worked out, I got my car for 3.2%, a better price, and I REALLY love it!

This was Kyle and I after we bought my car. Getting ready to have a celebrating lunch at Chipotle.

No comments: