Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Year

2011 is going to have one major change that I am certain of, I'll be done with school FOREVER at the end of February. Having my bachelor degree is not only a major accomplishment in my book but also is a big weight off my shoulders. Here are some things {in no particular order} that I would like to do/hope I stick with for 2011

1. Get a Hobby. Work & night class has consumed much of my time and when I'm not doing those things I usually just want to relax and hang out but I have realized I don't have a hobby. I have started to become crafty which I'm sure will turn into my hobby but I want to have stuff that occupies my time so I am not bored.

2. Craft/Bake. I would like to try something new in these two areas at least once a week but that might not happen. So a realistic goal would be AT LEAST once a month. I love trying new things that do not look too difficult. Most of the time they do not turn out like the picture but at least I can say I tried.

3. Go on little trips with Kyle. With our different schedules it is important that Kyle and I make time for just us. I hope to take a few little trips over this next year. I would LOVE to take a big trip at the end of the year celebrating both of us being done with school :)

4. Be a better YL leader. With the new free time I'll soon have I hope to go to more games, meet more kids, make new relationships, maybe start a bible study but most important bring light to the lost. Our prayer as a team is that God will show us more of his plan and that we will be able to tell kids about a God that loves them for who they are.

5. Job search. I would be absolutely giddy if the Lord provided me with a new job this year. With a Bachelor's degree I hope to find a job that is what my degree is in and closer to home.

6. Bible Study. I have MISSED the fellowship of a women's bible study with women my age. I am going to be searching hard to find a bible study this year.

7. Work out. I always feel bad about myself when I don't workout and with school and work I could not commit to a workout plan because all I want to do is sleep when I come home from school at 10 pm since I have work the next day. I'm not a hard core workout person but I do like the way I feel after I work out. The sense of accomplishment and I have more energy when I workout. Kyle has P90X which I am going to try but I am also going to rent workout videos from the library and also maybe join a workout class.

These are just a few of the things I hope to do in 2011 :)

No comments: