August 7th was a day I was dreading/was ready to get it over with. I am now officially a middle schooler again, I got braces on my top teeth. A few years ago I noticed my two front teeth moving and now they are overlapping each other again like they did before I got braces many years ago.
Back in December I wanted to see what it would cost to get my teeth fixed. I went to my original orthodontist but in the first couple of minutes he told me I would have to get more teeth pulled and my jaw broke before he would fix my top teeth, needless to say he was out. Next I went to an orthodontist that does invisalign but when they told me it would cost $5,000 I thought I would not be getting my teeth fixed.
A few months ago I got a call from the orthodontist that did invisalign saying I owed them for taking x-rays but after talking to them I was able to work it out where I got braces on my top teeth for $900. A big difference from the original $5,000.
I have been dreading getting braces again. The sore mouth, not being able to eat certain foods, and the embarrassment of wearing metal in my mouth again are all things I'm going to deal with until February. I'm try to not complain but February could not get here soon enough. Maybe in a few weeks I will not mind my braces but right now they are not my fav.
***Sorry for the lack of blogging but I couldn't figure out how to add photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment