Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home away from Home

Whenever I am looking for a little getaway from Cincinnati I head to Lexington. It is far enough that I feel like I am away but also close enough so the drive does not take too long to get home. Two besties live in Lexington {or right around there} Ashley and Leah. Whenever we are together we have a great time, lounging around for some of the time, watching America's Next Top Model {man that show is addicting} but this time we got sucked into Khloe Kardashian's wedding special. We usually have no itinerary, just plan stuff as the day goes along and it is a nice break for me to not have everything planned. This past weekend I was down in Lexington and we went to the Pinnacles. After the pinnacles we headed to Ashley's parents house in Rockcastle. I have not seen her parents or sisters in a long time, it was great to catch up with them again :) I had such a great time relaxing and getting to hang out!

We found a wounded butterfly on our path

It may look like Ashley was prepared for our hike but this is actually her sister's backpack. We found them on the trail and used her bag since we did not bring any water ourselves.



A few of them {look closely you can see Ashley's blonde hair} took the road less traveled. They climbed over the boulders to get to the end of the path. I am a girl who does not get off the beaten path and the hiking was enough to get my heart beating fast. I did not need the thrill of almost falling to get me there :)

Ashley and her bf Taylor

Courtney {Ashley's sister} and her bf Ty

The girls {Courtney, Me, Leah, Ashley}


No comments: