Monday, August 8, 2011

Our DIY Wedding: The Budget

Our wedding anniversary is this Sunday and with besties getting married and for my own memory I wanted to write about the DIY projects we did for our wedding. It was very important to me that we stay within our budget but also have the wedding Kyle & I wanted. We wanted to invite all of our friends & family, but not break the bank to do that.
I'm sure no one probably cares how much we spent on the wedding, but I think we did a GREAT job in staying within our budget and getting everything we wanted. It is important to know that you can have a beautiful wedding without spending a fortune. It might take more time making things yourself, but for me I loved doing it and am really glad I did it :)

The Budget
My parents spent $4,664 {including items like cater, invites, reception hall, decorations, my dress, invitations, favor, half of our photographer, my hair and makeup, part of the church, programs, alterations, and I'm sure other things}

Kyle and I spent $1,961 {kyle's ring, our honeymoon to Hilton Head, gifts for our wedding party, readers and YL girls, part of the photographer, part of the church}

Here is part of the breakdown

Photographer $800
Reception Hall $400 {it is Kyle's dad Ford Union Hall}
Cater $1,950 {for 220 ppl and 33 table linens}
Church $400
Dress $553
Invitations $71
Flowers $66
Cupcakes {instead of Cake} $45 we probably made 150 cupcakes or close to that
Wedding party gifts/others who helped $393
Programs $40



No comments: