Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's hard to believe

It is hard to believe we have had Bentley for a year! It really seems like we have had him much longer. I remember being super nervous about getting him since the shelter we got him from made him seem like a terror. The shelter just wanted to make sure he would not be taken back since we are the third people to have Bentley {the second people had him for 24 hrs and then brought him back}. We should have known Bentley was a chewer since he chewed his leash in half on the car ride home from getting him. The first couple of months with Bentley were a little rough, he never wanted to come in {he thought he was going to have to stay in the cage all the time like he did at the shelter}, would pull on walks, dug at our carpet, got out of the yard by slinking under the fence, and having to let him out in the middle of the night to use the restroom.

He may have been high maintenance for a few months and he is still needy but I am really glad we have him! He is great company when Kyle is not home and he gives me an excuse to take walks and not be lazy. I am really glad Kyle wanted to get a dog, I know for Kyle it is really nice to have Bentley greet him when he has had a hard day at work. There are a few things that I am not happy Bentley has done like dig at our carpet {but we are ripping it up so maybe he thought he was helping ;)}, making a hole in our brand new {to us} couches {you can't tell now because I have a throw over it but I was livid when I came home and saw what he did}, or run away so we have to chase him down the street but the good outweighs the bad :)

Here is a pic from the day we got Bentley. Kyle was really excited, I was happy on the outside but terrified Bentley was going to be a terror on the inside. Thanks for proving me wrong pup :)

No comments: